This is a paid internship that will be offered from May through August 2011 in Richmond, Va. The candidate will be expected to provide his or her own housing.
Candidates should provide writing and video editing and/or production samples, either via the Internet or on DVD.
Description of Organization:
Our organization’s mission is to advance the agricultural interests of Farm Bureau members. We also own an insurance company which offers auto, home, farm, life and health insurance to our approximately 149,000 members throughout the state. We produce a monthly television program called Down Home Virginia, which airs on 47 cable and other television stations around the state, as well as on RFD-TV on Dish Network & DirecTV. The program offers insight on agriculture’s importance in the daily lives of Virginians through news, cooking and gardening segments. Video clips are posted at VaFarmBureau.org
- Work with our two-person team of video producers to research, write, shoot and edit video segments as part of our television program
- Post video stories on the Internet for use on Farm Bureau’s websites
- Write print news releases for distribution to news media throughout Virginia
- Collaborate with staff and create video graphics for future programs
Internship training includes:
- Should have previous experience shooting with professional video cameras and using professional audio equipment
- Should be proficient in video editing techniques and software
- Should be familiar with all Microsoft Office computer programs, e-mail and Internet social media technology
- Should be familiar with Associated Press style and journalism writing standards
- Should be a self-starter, ready to work and meet deadlines once given direction
- Some day travel can be expected
Send us your resume:
- Avid Media Composer editing system (if necessary)
- News-style video shooting and editing techniques
- Writing video scripts and programs
- Writing news articles and releases following Associated Press style
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail.