Virginia Farm Bureau members automatically receive a subscription to either Cultivate magazine, which is mailed to associate members, or to Virginia Farm Bureau News magazine, which is mailed to producer members.
Introduced in July 2008, Cultivate is published quarterly with a focus on safe, fresh and locally grown foods and the Virginia farms that produce them.
Farm Bureau News is published six times a year and offers producer members agricultural news.
Both magazines include recipes and content related to gardening and nutrition.
View the current issue of Virginia Farm Bureau News
View the current issue of Cultivate
To view recent past issues of our magazines, please visit the Virginia Farm Bureau magazine library.
Now, view earlier Farm Bureau News issues online!
Through a partnership with the Library of Virginia, Virginia Farm Bureau Federation has been able to make back issues of its producer member publication, Virginia Farm Bureau News, available online as part of the Virginia Newspaper Project. Issues published in February 1941 through January 2000 are available at no cost with all images and search capability at digitalvirginianewspapers.com.
To browse archived issues
- Go to digitalvirgnianewspapers.com.
- On the right side of the screen, under “Browse the Collection,” click on the link to “Browse by title.”
- In the list of newspaper titles, click on “Virginia Farm Bureau News.”
- Select a specific issue from the table in which they are organized by year.
- Right-clicking on a specific newspaper page will give you the option of creating and saving a .pdf of that page, or of viewing only the text from that page.